Wednesday, October 8, 2008

For Your Health

I'm kindof a health nut fanatic so I'm doing a health corner. Here it is...

Today's subject is "the good ol' Apple"

Apples are rich in iron and phosphorus, 2 minerals that are good for the brain, liver and bowels.
The acid makes itself digestible and helps digest other foods.
It aids in constipation by eating 1 a night before bedtime.
When peeled and grated it relieves flatulence and diarrhea. (hey, hey, love this one)
They help rid the teeth of plaque.
Unsweetened apple cider can be used against gout and rheumatism.
They are thought to help with memory loss. Eat an apple a day with 1 teaas. honey and 1 cup of milk.

Put one in a sack of potatoes and it will keep them from sprouting.
It keeps brown sugar moist.
It will keep cookies moist in the cookie jat.
Add lemon juice to an apple recipe if the apples lack tartness.

And you thought it only kept the doctor away........

4 comments:

Redhoodoos said...

I'm sooo happy you have a blog!! I love it! I'm really grinning from ear to ear.

You are my first 'family' member (that I know of) to have a blog. I will love to catch up with you and follow what you are up to. I really wish we lived closer because I've always idolized you!

Welcome to blogging cuz!!

Redhoodoos said...

Okay, I got a little ahead of myself here. Barb's cute daughter Amanda has a blog too - so how about you're my first cousin to have a blog!

jenimur said...

I love your blog! How fun! I like the quote too. I wonder if anyone would read one if I put one on the fridge. I'll have to try it and see. I have two blogs going right now, www.love4myfamily.blogspot.com and www.jenisrecipebox.blogspot.com

goodbyes said...

I'm so glad you all visited the blog! I feel so honored. The only problem I'm having is trying to put more pictures on here. Can anyone help me with that? Yikes.
Love you all,
Lisa