Monday, March 9, 2009

A Little Thought for the Week

My father was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago....you know....that dreaded word...which means...treatments. It has tried to beat him down but dad has always been strong. He's always been my hero. I can't pretend to know all that he and my mom have endured but I have felt the blessings through it all and I know they are TOUGH! So, my thought is dedicated to them and all of us in our temporary "setbacks."....

Life, believe is not a dream,
So dark as sages say:
Oft a little morning rain
Foretells a pleasant day:
Sometimes there are clouds of gloom,
But these are transcient all;
If the shower will make the roses bloom,
Oh, why lament its fall?
Rapidly, merrily,
Life's sunny hours flit by,
Gratefully, cheerily,
Enjoy them as they fly.
Manfuly, fearlessly,
The day of trial bear,
For gloriously, victoriously,
Can courage quell dispair!

5 comments:

jenimur said...

Sorry to hear about your father's struggles. That is a whole lot of no fun! I love that poem.

Utah Tourist said...

I have the best memories of your
family. Your dad has been in my
thoughts and I know how strong he is. We used to get together and
laugh ! Let them know how much I love them.

Redhoodoos said...

I have been thinking so much about Uncle Monte. I hope he is doing better. He is such a wonderful man. Loved the poem. You are so talented.

CRAZY KIMI said...

How come I didn't get any of the talent in writing poems- no fair!!! That was a beautiful poem about dad!! He is remarkable and so is mom!! They are my heroes too!! You are also one of my heroes, Lisa!! I have always said that!! You are a GREAT SISTER AND I LOVE YA TOO DEATH!! We also have a pretty amazing family and extended family!!! Keep up on the poems, you are awesome!!

goodbyes said...

As much as I'd LOVE to take credit for the poem I have to put in a disclaimer and tell you that I received it from a good friend. I didn't even think about not saying that it was written by somebody else. Plaigerism? Yikes, so sorry. You are all so kind, though and love ya all!