Saturday, March 21, 2009

My aching Back!


I just haveta tell you all that this last week has been an absolute trial for me! I don't know HOW it happened...years of overuse....you know laundry and loading the dishwasher....and kids....but I literally could NOT walk for about 3 days. I couldn't turn over in my sleep. I couldn't get up from sitting. I know I'm getting up there in age but....wow! There was no relief at all. I went to my chiropractor and I couldn't get off the table. It was SO embarrassing. So, I feel for you Red when you say your knee hurt for a while. Exercising has been a part of my routine since I was about 16. Not to be able to exercise going on 2 weeks has been AWFUL! I walked this morning for the first time...yeah, big mistake. Sitting 3 hours in Church is probably the worst part. So, if anybody out there has some advice how to prevent muscle spasms or how to manage them, please send them my way. :D

2 comments:

Utah Tourist said...

I am so sorry this has happened.
My husband has had back problems
and one time he sneezed and was
down for a week. His preventive
measures are : A Back brace,
very uncomfortable but it shows
how to move the right way. A tenge
unit. I hope it's spelled right.
It sends electric impulses to the muscle and it helps. It's battery
operated so you can use it when
needed. Also different types
of excersice may strengthen the
muscles? This is miserable pain.
Good luck and happy healing

goodbyes said...

Thank you cuz for your nice comments and help. I was trying to put my finger on why this happened as well. Now that you say a sneeze can do it...wow! After a week of doing those things you mentioned plus my chiropractor I was feeling a whole lot better!